We started a new mini-series last Sunday called “Body Life.” In this four week series I wanted to touch on some key things pertinent to us in the “Body” – which is one of the ways the New Testament describes Jesus’ church. In week one, I covered what it means to have a “Gospel-Centered Life” (you’ll see the link to the sermon on the right if you missed it). The sermon serves as a reminder that we never move on from the Gospel (the Good News of Jesus), but that it should be central in our lives. I wanted to provide several resources for further study. Here they are:
- Book: What is the Gospel? by Greg Gilbert. This is a great little book that clarifies what the Good News of Jesus is according to the Bible.
- Book: The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler with Jared Wilson. This book serves as a challenge to live our lives in a way that points to the Gospel in an open and obvious way (hence the “explicit” in the title).
- Book: The Gospel & Personal Evangelism by Mark Dever. Another smaller book that simply encourages us to be practical in our sharing of the Gospel.
- Book: Living the Cross-Centered Life by CJ Mahaney. A very practical book on keeping the cross of Christ at the forefront of all we do. One of my favorites.
- Book: Note to Self by Joe Thorn. I used some of Thorn’s material in my sermon. A very practical little book helping us understand what it means to “preach the Gospel to ourself” every day.
- Book: The Gospel According to Jesus by John MacArthur. This is a modern classic helping us understand what it means to avoid a “cheap” understanding of God’s grace. I also recommend the sequel: The Gospel According the Apostles
- Website: The Gospel Coalition website – http://thegospelcoalition.org The Gospel Coalition is a collection of like-minded churches from across the country and around the world who have unified to provide solid/biblical resources for the church. You’ll find great articles, sermons, video training, etc. to help encourage you in your walk with Christ.
- Website: Together for the Gospel – http://t4g.org Another great website that presents resources from this popular national conference. Excellent!
Hope you check out one or more of these resources designed to help you grow as you keep the Good News of Christ at the center of who your are and all you do. All of the books can be found on Amazon.com or your favorite retailer.